Tuesday, June 7, 2011

This is the start of something... well... we'll just leave it at that.

Well, I guess I'll give this blog thing another go. I had one once, but it was pretty terrible, and I think I only posted to it two or three times. Anyway, on to (hopefully) bigger and better things...

This past year has been... tumultuous, to say the least. Divorce, death, heart ache, and an uncertain future have had me thinking a lot over the past twelve months or so. The point of this blog is not to bitch and moan about all that bullshit (this isn't livejournal, you goddamn squares), but it was born out of that bullshit. I've realized that I've changed a lot over the past few years. By social standards I suppose it would appear to be for the best. I have a steady job, I make good money, and I stay out of trouble. But truthfully I just feel bored. And boring.

There was a point in my life were I made rash decisions on what seemed like a weekly basis. Once a friend floated the idea over a bottle of scotch to cut to South America for three months. Two months later we were on a plane to Buenos Aires with nothing even resembling a plan or a care. Three months after that we were on a plane back home, and I haven't really done anything worth note since.

There also was a point in my life were I was either writing or drawing on pretty much a daily basis. I have no delusions that I was particularly good at either, but I miss them nonetheless. My creativeness has only ever come in spurts, but as I've gotten older the spurts seem to be much fewer and far between.

These things upset me. So this blog seems like a good way to take care of these grievances that I have with my current situation in life. I am not planning any grand adventures around the world (at the moment), but I am determined to make the most of this summer, explore this desert I grew up in, and write as much as I can about it.

To be honest, all of this is going to be more about my benefit than your entertainment. Which is the way it should be. People that try to be interesting or entertaining generally just come off as obnoxious assholes. Maybe I'll have something interesting to say every now and again. Maybe I won't. I guess we'll find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment