Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Plans are for the weak.

The thing I've learned about making plans over the years is that there's always a reasonable chance that they will awry. This is why I generally try to avoid making them, and this past week has been a good reminder of that for me.

Avidly refusing to make plans was a tenet of my life for a long time, and led to some of my best times. Somewhere along the line, I had lost that. But no more, my friends. Everything that has happened in the past few weeks has reminded me the value of being flexible, and I am once again limber.

Change is key. There is nothing exciting about sediment. The excitement is in the motion. These are things I learned years ago.. and relearned in the past few days. I finally feel really, truly free for the first time in years.

I understand that it is still necessary to be somewhat responsible, but that is no excuse to lose our sense of adventure. Join me for a summer of fun, and let's fight off becoming jaded old assholes for another year.

1 comment: